The S.T.A.R. (Science, Technology, And Robotics) Club is sponsored by Ms. Mudd. There are 2 eight-week sessions offered and we meet after school on Wednesdays from 3:00-4:00. Students in grades 6-8 may sign up for one session and a maximum of 15 students will be allowed to sign up per session. The cost is $75 per student.
Some of the things we do include:
- Forensic science activities including fingerprint, blood, and hair analysis leading up to a mock crime investigation
- Assembly of renewable energy powered models (options include a Ferris Wheel, ventilating fan, windmill, car and many more)
- What’s inside a computer? We take apart and build working desktop computers
- GPS/QR code scavenger hunts
- Construction of student designed Rube Goldberg machines
- Assembly of an OWI Robotic Arm Edge
Not all activities are offered during both sessions. Contact Ms. Mudd for more information.