DPOJ Manipulated Image Product
Description below image.
Dream a little Dream
- I opened Photoshop and put in the imagine of the cat. I wanted to create something that would give the feeling of the cat merging with the bed and becoming completely engulfed in his dreams.
- I then started by creating a color scheme for the image.
- I started with my base color, which was a dark blue mix, that I used on the bed.
- I then progressed to make a very simple layer on the edges of the image using an orange mix to make a nice blend for the bed that sort of merged the two.
- I decided to keep the white in the cat to add some contrast to the image.
- I then went back and used the same dark blue color print for the right side of the body on the cat.
- I made sure to outline the fur on the cat to still give it some characteristics so that I wouldn’t lose the distinct characteristics that the fur had when I added the colors.
- I also made sure to leave some of the orange in the cat for the originality of the photo.
- Towards the left of the cat I decided to keep the orange of the cat but add some different shades to give more depth.
- To finish the image up, I used a filter on Photoshop called “dream,” which was perfect for my theme.
- I also used another filter to make the image look crinkled, to add to the sleeping theme of the image.