MORNING DROP OFF PROCEDURES
- The school will be open for K-8 students beginning each morning at 7:30.
- All students are to be in their classrooms before the 8:00 Tardy Bell.
- Students in grades 6-8, and their younger siblings need to be dropped off from the church parking lot, and they will follow the sidewalk to enter at the front doors of the school.
- Students in grades K-5 may be dropped off at front door entrance. A one way car line will form in the circle entrance, where students may be dropped off from the passenger side of the car all along the sidewalk in front of the school.
K-8 Students arriving between 7:30-7:50
K-4 students arriving between 7:30-7:45 are to report to the assigned areas by grade in the lobby. They will be supervised and dismissed to their classrooms at 7:45.
Grades 5-8 who arrive at school between 7:30-7:50 need to report to the library and be seated in the assigned areas by grade. They will be dismissed to their classrooms at 7:50.
Please adhere to the following procedures to ensure the safety of children, and efficient traffic flow.
- Parents who are walking their children into school are asked to park their car in a parking space and walk their child into the school.
- Parents who are going to drop their child off should make sure their child is prepared to get out of the car as soon as it is their turn. This will help traffic flow smoothly and quickly.
- In the library students will be monitored by the teacher on duty. Students may visit with friends during this time. Please do not send students to school with food or drink for this time period.
- At 7:50 the teacher on duty will dismiss students to their classrooms.
K-8 Students arriving after 7:50
- Parents who choose to walk their children into school are asked to park their car in a parking space.
- Parents may walk their children to the inside atrium and say their goodbye’s there (the first week parents may walk their children to their classroom door).
- Parents who choose to drop their children off without walking them in need to pull up to the front entrance and drop their child at the sidewalk. Please help keep traffic flowing smoothly by making sure your child is ready to get out of the car when you stop.
- All students arriving after 7:50 need to go directly to their classrooms.
- Need to be walked in and signed in
- Students may be brought in beginning at 7:45, all students need to be in the classroom and by 8:00. Older siblings may come in this door and go directly to their classroom.
- Afternoon classes may be brought in at 11:30, all students need to be in the classroom by 11:40.
- Students registered for early arrival at 7:30am will need to enter through the front doors.
- Students being dropped off after 7:50am must enter through the preschool doors.
Students arriving on bicycle
A bike rack is located at the entrance of the church offices. All bikes should be parked there.
After parking their bike students need to enter through the front door of the school.
Students who are walking to school must remain on sidewalks at all times and cross at crosswalks.
All students need to be in their classroom at 8:00 when the tardy bell rings. Please respect your child’s teacher and classmates by getting them to school on time.
All kindergarten parents will park in the “Preschool Lot” to pick up their kindergarten child, and any older siblings. To get to the preschool lot, go to the end of Summerhill and turn right at the stop sign, go to the end of Squire Oak and turn right into the last school entrance. Mrs. Pescatore’s class needs to park to the right side (side nearest the main parking lot) and Mrs. Boaz’s class needs to park to the left side (side nearest the fenced in playground). BACK your car into a parking space, turn your car off and stand outside your car so that your child and your child’s teacher can see you. Students will be released to you. All cars need to stay parked until the teacher signals “all clear” which will indicate that all children are safely in their car. Siblings of kindergarten students will come out the doors by the preschool and load the cars at this time as well.
IMPORTANT: The Afternoon Preschool will be dismissing between 2:30-2:40. They will exit the parking lot by about 2:43. PLEASE DO NOT JOIN THEIR CARLINE and do not block them. The kindergarten classes and their siblings will come out at 2:48.
Grades 1 & 2
First and second grade students will dismiss from their classrooms at 2:48 each day. Grades 1, 2 and their siblings will dismiss from the Church Parking Lot. Access the church parking lot from Squire Hill Lane. When entering the lot immediately turn left and loop and back into a parking space. All cars will remain parked until all children are loaded, and then the carline will be released. Please turn left onto Squire Hill Lane to avoid the traffic coming from the other carlines from the school. If you have a child in Kindergarten, you need to follow the directions above labeled “kindergarten students”.
All students who are in grades 3-8, and who do not have a sibling in K-2 will be dismissed in the front parking lot. The students will be dismissed from their classrooms at 2:50 each day. The carline will form just as it has the last two years, we will form a double line. Parents are asked to stand outside of their car to help their child see them, students will be brought out into the center so that they can see the cars; they need to load into the cars. Any student who does not have a ride in the line will be taken back to the sidewalk, and the carline will be released. If you have a child in K, 1 or 2 follow the directions above.
If you are in a carpool:
- If the carpool involves a Kindergarten student, use the kindergarten lot for the carpool.
- If the carpool involves a 1st or 2nd grader, go to the Church Parking lot.
- If the carpool is made up of students in grades 3-8, go to the front parking lot.
- Always go to the lot of the youngest child.
- If you leave your car, turn the motor off.
- In order to be aware of what is going on around you, and to be as safe as possible, it is strongly recommended that you not talk on your cell phone during dismissal. Please give your full attention to creating a safe dismissal for all of our children.
- In the kindergarten and 1st grade parking lots, back into your parking space.
- Be in your car and ready to go so that you don’t hold up the line.